NOTE: We have included both ‘classic’ peanut butters and the more healthier ‘Natural’ peanut butters in our list. The amount of protein per serving, price, the brand value of the product, genuine reviews, experiences of users & some more parameters (assuring quality) have been taken into consideration to come up with this list of top 10 best peanut butter in India.
Why should I use Peanut butter?
REASON: It is true that however much attention we pay on eating healthy meals, it is the snacks where we play the game wrong! A healthy and nutritionally rich snack is the only answer to those extra hunger pangs. One such option is peanut butter!
Hence, it is no surprise that people are really looking for the best peanut butter in India for it is healthy and makes many recipes delightful.
‘Peanut Butter’ which is derived solely from peanuts is an affordable yet healthy snacking option. Taste, richness, and nutrition are all found inside your peanut butter jar which is very easily available in India. It can help with weight loss, maintaining muscles mass, as a pre or post work out snack or at breakfast to start your day with a good nutritional meal.
Let’s not undermine the nutritional value of peanuts only because they are much cheaper than other nuts. The list of nutrients they contain and their benefits is long. There is ample of evidence for the rise in liking for ‘peanut butter’ in India and yes it is being preferred over the regular butter.
Types of peanut butter
Peanut butter is mainly found in two versions:
When you are looking for a peanut butter in India whether online or at a nearby grocery store you will find these two varieties where the names are self explanatory.
The creamy version contains peanuts churned into a fine paste with a smooth texture. While the crunchy version contains added bits of broken peanuts in the smooth paste of peanut butter. Whichever you would choose out of the two is your personal liking.
The crunchy peanut butter contains more fiber than the creamy one is a myth as both contain an equal amount of peanuts (by weight). The amount of fiber is not lost in any case! The creamy one is best for adding in recipes like, smoothies, cakes and cookies making them more richer. While the crunchy one can easily be used as a spread.
10 Best Peanut Butter in India
As per our research we have recognised Pintola All natural peanut butter as one of the best peanut butter in India.
‘Pintola’ is a very trusted brand in the category of nut butters. It has been there for quite a number of years, consistently delivering desired quality to its customers. Since, Pintola was established as result of acknowledging that peanut butter was new to India despite its immense benefits, the founders embarked on a journey to produce in India itself but at par with the global standards.
Pintola is an ISO certified, FSSAI approved company which also has clearance from the BRC (european standards). They vouch for maintenance of top notch hygiene, and good manufacturing practices. The company is transparent about its certifications and compliances and vividly mentions them on their website.
And, so we deduce the ingenuity of their peanut butter.
It is undoubtedly the best Peanut butter brand in India. They produce many variants to satisfy different needs of customers. Unsweetened all natural peanut butter, Organic peanut butter, Honey peanut butter and peanut butter choco spread are the main varieties.
- No other ingredient other than roasted peanuts. It is available in both crunchy and creamy forms.
- The ‘All natural’ variety of peanut butter contains regular peanuts. It you want to go in for certified ‘organic’ peanuts used a a raw material, you can purchase Pintola Organic peanut butter.
- Contains 10 g of protein per serving (ie 2 tablespoons or 32 g).
- No added salt or sugar in this butter.
- The ‘all natural peanut butter’ from Pintola contains no stabilizer or preservative.
- No hydrogenated oil has been added in the formulation. If ever any oil is seen separating from the butter it is sure to have been released form the ground peanuts itself.
- It is a pure vegetarian product.
- By its nature it is gluten free and a Vegan product.
- It is a combination of healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals: a perfect energy rich and healthy butter for gym going people.
- The price of Pintola peanut butter is very fair with respect to the quality that it delivers.
- User experiences say that it is also one of the best tasting peanut butter in India (unsweetened though). Overall, pintola peanut butter review gives a green flag to picking it up and bringing it home!
When trying to search online or moving through aisles in a grocery store to find a peanut butter with highest protein you need to stop at Muscle Blaze High protein peanut butter.
What could be better than having a good amount of protein (along with other macros as well) with every meal? Isn’t this a necessary step towards becoming fit. This peanut butter has the unique quality combining the goodness of peanut butter with Whey protein! (Peanut butter being the major portion)
The protein goes upto 37grams per 100 grams of butter. This is higher than all other Indian peanut butters in our list (which mostly contain around 30 grams protein per 1000 g of the product.)
Muscle Blaze is an established Indian brand that produces sports supplements with affordable rates and unmatched quality. If you go to the gym, you might have heard about it. Whey protein from Muscle blaze is an all time favourite among Indian buyers, And truly speaking, this company doesn’t need any introduction.
It comes in both unsweetened n unflavoured form as well as in the chocolate flavour. No sugar has been added in the chocolate flavoured one too.
- The peanut butter from Muscle blaze contains good quality roasted peanuts, blended with Whey protein. All of us know, that Whey protein is fast digesting protein. It is a complete protein and readily absorbed in our bodies without giving us any digestive discomfort.
- Since, the product is ‘peanut butter’ so, peanuts constitute a major 80% of the product while 20% of it is Whey protein. Thus, the texture, flavour and aroma of the peanut butter remains the same as any other peanut butter found in the Indian market.
- The quantity of protein per serving gets better and reaches upto 12 grams ( 11.85g approx) for every serving of two table spoons. (2 tbsps = 32 grams of peanut butter)
- It has no added stabilizers or preservatives. Its shelf life is six months.
- No added artificial sugars or oil have been used in the product.
- Muscle Blaze high protein peanut butter is fit for vegetarians. But this isn’t fit for Vegans since it contains whey protein which is sourced from dairy.
- It is high in healthy fats and protein, fiber, vitamins and essential minerals. It will not only serve as a non-guilty snack option but also as a post or pre workout as it will to boost energy levels and restore muscles.
- You can settle for this one as being the best peanut butter for gym in India.
- It comes in a jar weighing 750 grams. You might feel it is expensive with respect to other peanut butters in India, but it is worth the price since it contains imported Whey protein also.
- For anyone who loves the plain peanut butter (vegan friendly), you may also find the regular peanut butter without any addition of Whey protein from which is the Muscle Blaze Natural Peanut butter and yes you won’t be disappointed with that also.
‘Alpino’ Natural Peanut butter is a common name in Indian households where fitness is the priority. Yes, as the name says you get this peanut butter in its very natural form without any unwanted artificial additions done to it.
The company ‘Alpino’ has a wide range of products all of which promote dependency on naturally occurring food which promote good health.
When it comes to ‘peanut butters’ they have chocolate flavoured peanut butter, the general classic peanut butter and the Alpino Natural Peanut butter. You can buy any, as per your preference, but the ‘Natural’ peanut butter from Alpino will be a great addition to your diet and it will bring in the much needed protein, healthy fats, fiber, essential vitamins and minerals that promote healthy brain, eyes, skin, hair, gut and maintain your muscle mass.
Lots of certifications and clearances have gotten this peanut butter brand in India to be amongst those which are trusted, liked and eventually valued by its users. Peanut butter from Alpino is US FDA, FSSAI, ISO 22000 certified. The company also abides by GMP (good manufacturing practices).
- Each recommended serving (30g ) of Alpino all natural peanut butter will bring in 10 grams of protein. OR with every tablespoon of Alpino peanut butter you will get around 5 grams of protein. (1 tbsp = 15grams approx.)
- Alpino peanut butter contains 100% roasted peanuts only as the one and only ingredient. It is suitable for vegetarians along with being Vegan friendly.
- No sugar or salt has been added.
- It is free from artificial flavours, sweeteners and fillers. Also, it does not contain any hydrogenated oils.
- Being, Kosher and Halal compliant you can trust its purity.
- This is suitable for all people, whether young or old, active or inactive, except for those who are allergic to peanuts itself.
- We recommend this for all those who are very particular about what they eat and are looking for the best natural peanut butter in India. It will be suitable for weight management wether it is weight loss or weight gain (you must only know how to use it as per your goal).
- As per user reviews it is mildly sweet (due to the presence of natural sugars). It does taste good and makes any recipe (where it is added) a treat to have!
- Being, really affordable yet natural and a clean product it does makes its way among the selected best peanut butter brands in India.
As the name says it is ‘just nuts’ meaning nothing else has been put into your jar of peanut butter and that is what we desire.
In an era of adulteration and usage of additives to make food taste and look good, we all have started looking for healthier and natural alternatives. This is where ‘Just Nuts’ makes its way, being one of the best peanut butter in India with the assurance of having completely ‘natural’ ingredients.
It is an FSSAI approved product so we can be assured of its quality although we could not find much information about its company.
- Made with a single ingredient and that is PEANUTS. Single ingredient food products are great since they have a lesser chance of having cheap fillers.
- The label says it will provide 9.6 grams of protein per serving of 2 tablespoons (32 g) of peanut butter.
- It is unsweetened.
- No added flavours.
- No trans fat.
- Fit for vegetarians and vegans.
- Each serving will provide healthy fats, protein, moderate amount of fiber and carbs. Lets not forget about the vitamins and minerals that are also a part of peanuts!
- User experiences with this product are great. Majority of buyers said that it the texture and taste of Just Nuts peanut butter is awesome. The natural flavour of ‘peanuts’ is retained in this butter so it does seem authentic and without any additives.
- You can depend upon this peanut butter for healthy snacking, making smoothies more nutritious and tastier, as well as an energy booster pre or post workout.
- The price is affordable and at par with other best peanut butter brands in India.
Flex Protein Premium Peanut butter is a well acclaimed healthy peanut butter in India.
It is an Indian company committed to producing ‘natural’ nutritional supplements. The sports and fitness supplements are often seen with skepticism. But, Flex protein guarantees to provide naturally sourced, clean and unaltered raw materials with no chemicals added in producing the final product.
Although the company produces many products including grass fed Whey protein, its Premium Peanut Butter has gained popularity as well as acceptance in India. It is much loved by all.
They use non GMO peanuts and nothing is added to it, giving you one of the best peanut butter in India for bodybuilding. Let me remind you the same can be used for weight gain as well as weight loss (you need to use it in ht right manner watching your calorie intake).
- Flex protein premium peanut butter provides 10 grams of protein per serving of 2 tablespoons (32 grams of butter).
- A Non GMO product.
- It does not contain any gluten or dairy.
- It is ideal for vegetarians and Vegans.
- Completely sugar free.
- No salt or any hydrogenated oils have been added.
- It is FSSAI approved and is produced under hygienic conditions.
- Flex protein peanut butter contains no trans fat. Healthy mono and poly unsaturated fats are present (little to negligible amount of saturated fat is also present)
- This could be an ideal or rather best peanut butter for Ketogenic diet since it contains only ‘naturally occurring healthy fats found in peanuts, is sugar free and also has considerable amount of protein.
Asitis is yet another healthy Indian peanut butter. Asitis is known for producing ‘additives free’ and ‘pure’ sports supplements. It is an Indian brand which has quickly created its customer base since it delivers high quality, genuine products. The company has all licences and certifications needed. The natural taste, texture and nutritional goodness is retained in its peanut butter.
As per customer reviews Asitis peanut butter is very close to the ‘homemade’ peanut butter where we do not add anything extra (it just has peanuts)! We are not reluctant to say that it is a good option for everyone looking for a natural peanut butter in India.
Also read : Detailed review of Asitis peanut butter ( a personal review of strive for best team)
- Each recommended serving of 2 tablespoons (32 g) of this butter provides 9.6grams of protein.
- Each serving of 32 grams contains almost 16 grams of unsaturated (healthy) fats.
- Peanut butter from Asitis is loaded with ‘healthy fats’ which help to boost brain health, heart health and reduce inflammations in the body.
- It contains dietary fiber coming from peanut of course.
- It is unsweetened.
- Free of salt.
- Fit for vegetarians as well as Vegans.
- Completely free of dairy and gluten.
- Comes without any sort of artificial flavour, colour or any other additive or filler.
- Peanut butter being a combination of healthy fats, protein and fiber is a good source to fuel the body with sustained energy and prevent unnecessary cravings.
- It is affordable and good enough for those who are on a low carb diet.
- Since Asitis peanut butter contains has no additions, it can easily be used in various recipes. It is one of the best peanut butter for protein shake.
Sundrop is a known name in Indian households for its healthy cooking oils. Its product line now includes ‘peanut butter’ as well. As per reviews and personal experience we can say that it tastes ‘awesome’! But the taste factor brings in added sugar (although not too much) in its ingredient profile.
This peanut butter can be used guilt free, if you are not on any strict calorie control diet. It is for everyone who relishes eating peanuts. Sundrop peanut butter, is ideal for kids, active adults as well as the elderly (if their medical condition permits them).
Since, Sundrop is an established brand we can expect that they are delivering what they claim. It is FSSAI approved and no harmful additives or fillers have been added in the product.
Let’s know a bit more about it.
- Each suggested serving of 30 grams (ie 2 tablespoons) brings in 8 grams of protein. This means you will get 4 grams of protein with a single tablespoon full of Sundrop peanut butter.
- Contains regular roasted peanuts and peanut oil.
- It is suitable for Vegans as well as vegetarians.
- The company nowhere on its label claims to give you 100% peanuts only in this this product. An yes it is true. They have added sugar, salt, peanut oil and permitted stabilizers too. ( this is to be found in most packed foods)
- Per serving (of two table spoons) 2.8 grams of sugar and some amounts of sodium (due to added iodised salt) is present.
- There is 15 grams of fat in every 30 grams( 2 tbsps) of peanut butter. This fat is majorly comprised of Mono and Poly unsaturated fatty acids which are healthy and little amounts of saturated (unhealthy) fats.
- Zero trans fat is mentioned on the ingredient label which means there has been no addition of hydrogenated oils.
- The crunchy as well as creamy peanut butter from Sundrop have a delectable taste and texture.
- If at all you have tried the sugar free peanut butters and could not adjust to its taste, this is a really good option if used in moderation. One tbsp of Sun-drop peanut butter will bring in approximately 1.5 grams of sugar, little salt along with the goodness of peanuts of course!
- Once you use it, you can vouch for it being the best tasting peanut butter in India.
As the name says Nouriza Peanut butter is composed of only natural ingredients. It has a higher protein content when compared with other regular peanut butters since it is enriched with Whey protein.This makes it suitable for those who are looking for muscle gain (being fit) and by far its reviews reflect that it is one of the best peanut butter for gym in India.
Not only does peanut butter always contain healthy fats and protein by itself; the addition of Whey protein makes Nouriza’s protein content even better. Protein keeps us satiated and helps with muscle recovery and growth. Dietary fiber, many essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are found in peanuts and hence peanut butter.
Nouriza peanut butter is legitimate and is produced under standards laid down by FSSAI and is GMP compliant. Thus, it has gained popularity lately.
- It will provide 11 grams of protein with every serving of 32 grams (2 tablespoons of peanut butter).
- By ratio it contains only 10% Whey protein and 90% still maintaining great taste and texture that is expected by consumers.
- It is unsweetened and free of any artificial taste enhancing substances and preservatives.
- No added salt.
- Free of trans fat since no hydrogenated oils have been added in it.
- By its nature it is gluten free.
- It contains dairy since ‘Whey protein’ is added in this Nouriza High protein peanut butter. (Whey protein is sourced from milk)
- It is fit for vegetarians only and not Vegans.
- Composed of protein, healthy fats, dietary fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals it makes a perfect healthy replacement of regular butter.
- Nouriza also has options of unsweetened and sweetened peanut butters. (Where Whey protein hasn’t been used).
- At a very affordable rate, Nouriza peanut butter is a worth buying option for those who are looking for peanut butter with high protein content in India.
- It is backed with positive reviews from its users which are a reflection of its good quality.
Although Disano has a variety of Peanut butters, this unsweetened natural one is one of the healthiest.
Disano as we all know is an Indian brand known for manufacturing products that are used for healthy cooking or consumed as is and provide necessary nourishment to the body. Olive oil and Canola Oil and other oils from Disano can often be found in grocery stores across India. It also has other products like Oats, Apple cider vinegar, preserved juices and yes healthy spreads like peanut butter.
Disano products are made by using clean and natural raw material, abiding by good manufacturing practices and food safety compliances. So, it also makes its way among the best Peanut butter brands in India.
The peanut butter from Disano is rich in protein, healthy fats, B vitamins, Vitamin E, other essential vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of fiber and antioxidants that are needed for healthy skin and hair. (All natural peanut butters have nutritional value of peanuts intact)
- 10 grams of protein is obtained with every serving of 2 tablespoons(32 g) of Disano peanut butter.
- Perfect for Vegans as well as vegetarians.
- It is completely free of any hydrogenated oils, preservatives, flavour or any unwanted filler.
- No added salt or artificial sugar.
- It contains mono and poly unsaturated (beneficial) fatty acids. With low amounts of saturated fat and zero trans fat, it is a good source of healthy fats.
- This peanut butter contains ‘only’ peanuts so it is bound to be gluten free and free of dairy too.
- The nutritional profile of the product as well as its ingenuity makes it more than a breakfast companion. This is yet another best quality peanut butter in India.
- A worthy option with a fair price.
- Chocolate flavoured as well as classic sweetened peanut butters are also available with this brand.
Myfitness Peanut butter is another tasty option in our list of best peanut butter in India. It is manufactured in India ( Gujarat). The company claims to have replicated the original American taste in their peanut butter. It is available as original peanut butter as well as Chocolate flavoured peanut butter.
Although this option is the last one our list, it isn’t any lesser than those mentioned above. Myfitness Peanut Butter has the licenses, approvals and certifications needed to bring a pure and healthy product to your dining table. It is fssai and US FDA approved as well ISO certified. Though the product is indigenous to India, the company has tried to maintain the quality and taste standards of the best peanut butters in the world.
It is made of regular roasted peanuts and to add some extra taste brown sugar, pink Himalayan salt have been added. It also has permitted stabilisers added to it but no hydrogenated oil has been used. This is a healthy and tasty peanut butter.
- Myfitness Peanut butter will provide 8 grams of protein per serving of 32 grams ie 2 tablespoons.
- Fit for vegetarians and vegans.
- By its nature, peanut butter is dairy free and gluten free too.
- Natural sugars found in peanuts, as well as added brown sugar and pink salt are a part of the blend.
- Added sugar is very minimal; only 2 grams in a serving of 32 grams.
- It is free of hydrogenated oil, artificial flavouring substances.
- Myfitness peanut butter is full of healthy fats, protein, fiber, many vitamins and minerals. If you are not on any strict calorie restriction, this peanut butter is good enough to be made a part of daily diet as only some amounts of brown sugar is the extra ingredient.
- Very affordable.
- Lots of positive reviews about this product testify for its good quality.
- One of the best Indian peanut butter that combines nutrition and taste both.
How to choose the best peanut butter in India?
The best way to know about your product is to read the ingredient label carefully. Choose a product based on these parameters and hopefully you will pick up the best Indian peanut butter. 🙂
What would one look for when trying be sure about peanut butter being pure? The label should say that your peanut butter contains 100% dry roasted good quality peanuts ONLY.
To be sure that nothing unwanted goes into your jar of peanut butter. You must know what is to be avoided. Additions of salt, sugar and hydrogenated oil is to be avoided when looking for the best peanut butter for gym in India in other words for body building. Sometimes peanut oil is added into the blend which is fine.
At other times, little amounts of added honey, brown sugar, pink salt etc do not do much harm if you aren’t a fitness freak. Addition artificial sugar, flavour and hydrogenated oil should be avoided by all.
It is best to buy the one that contains 100% organic and GMO free peanuts. All of us know organic products are by nature pure and non GMO. Fewer chemicals and pesticides used along with the assurance of using non altered seeds (genetically) will give you a safe to use peanut butter.
If taste is your priority and you’re not looking for a super healthy spread you can go in for the normal Classic peanut butters which have added oils, salt as well as sugar. (Do take into consideration the general health condition of all those who will consume it like BP, diabetes issues etc.)
A word of advice would be to buy the classic peanut butter from a reputed brand that follows hygiene standards as well as food safety compliances that make it fit for consumption.
If you need the healthier versions or peanut butters with higher protein content you will have to compromise a bit on the extra sweetness and yes there are many peanut butters in India that will match the standards you’re looking for. Buy ‘natural’ peanut butter instead.
Awareness in this aspect is always necessary to be a wise consumer. Go through our list of the best peanut butters in India and you will know that the price is more or less in the same range for all of them. (except for the ones which have added Whey protein)
It is a really affordable product so do not be fooled by any company that makes un realistic claims to rob you off some extra bucks! There is no need to pay an exorbitantly high price for any peanut butter.
What is the recommended intake of peanut butter?
Two tablespoons (30-32g) of peanut butter is the recommended intake which will give you around 200 calories and 9 to 10 grams of protein. The allowance may be two table spoons, but as you see it is high in calories, you need to see wether it fits in your daily calorie intake goal.
For, all those who are active like athletes, gym goers, people whose jobs are physically demanding etc need not worry since they will easily use up those calories and may even have scope of gulping in more than 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Whereas, everyone who is on a calorie restriction needs to pay attention to his/her needs.
Although one tablespoon of peanut butter will suffice for everyone without any harm.
What is the difference between peanut butter and regular butter?
Regular butter is made from milk while peanut butter contains peanuts and no dairy. The regular butter is by its nature not fit f or Vegans. They have some differences nutritionally too.When we closely read the labels, it is surprising to find that regular butter contains approximately the same amount of calories per 100 grams, but is higher in saturated (unhealthy) fats and very low on protein when compared to peanut butter.
Thus, peanut butter when used as a spread would definitely be a healthier choice since it is rich in protein n healthy fats and also contains lots of vitamins & minerals which are not found in the regular butter.
How can peanut butter add value to a Vegan diet?
A great possibility with using peanut butter at breakfast is that you can ditch eggs without any guilt. This is because peanut butter does contain enough amount of protein to keep you nutritionally up to the mark. A whole egg on an average contains 6 grams of protein (the protein content varies depending on the size of the egg from 5 to 7 grams), while one tablespoon full of peanut butter contains more or less 5 grams of protein.
Along with being rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, B vitamins and minerals it is power packed with protein too. You would be glad to know that the amino acid profile of peanuts is complete. Peanut butter in itself is a delight to have, be it with a simple bread slice, in smoothies to make them creamier OR added in oatmeal or cereal.
I assure you, it is a healthy yet tasteful snack option for Vegans as well as others.
Which are the best peanut butter brands in India?
- Pintola Peanut butter
- Muscle Blaze Peanut butter
- Alpino Peanut butter
- Just Nuts Peanut butter
- Flex Protein Premium Peanut butter
- Asitis Peanut butter
- Sundrop Peanut butter
- Nouriza Peanut butter
- Dissano Peanut butter
- Myfitness Peanut butter
Which one could I pick as the best peanut butter for weight gain in India?
Since peanut butter is high in healthy fats and contains protein also, it is apt to use it for gaining weight in a healthy way. It can be used in oatmeal, smoothies, on bread and chapati (depending on your liking) several times a day.
Another perk that comes with the weight gain aim is that you can use the Classic version of peanut butter guilt free. It does contain some amount of sugar (2 to 2.5g per serving), hydrogenated oil, sometimes salt too. But that little amount won’t do you harm if your aim is to gain weight.
All those mentioned in our list provided above can be used for weight gain. American garden peanut butter, Dr Oetkar peanut butter, Kissan peanut butter, Sundrop peanut butter and peanut butter from Veeba are some that can also be used.
Can I use peanut butter for weight loss?
YES. Healthy fats and protein are important when trying to loose weight since they keep us satiated and this is true for peanut butter too. When you are trying to find which peanut butter is best for weight loss, you can pick up any natural peanut butter from our list. (as they do not contain any extra ingredients)
As long as you are vigilant about your calorie intake and do not go off the limits it will do good to you. sometimes. A handful of peanuts (roughly 25g) or one tablespoon of peanut butter can be used without any danger. You can use even more, depending on your calorie expenditure. Peanut butter is an excellent addition to diet when we want to loose weight without loosing muscle mass!
What are the possible side effects of having peanut butter?
Generally, there are no side effects. Having peanut butter is as good as eating peanuts! Only, those who are allergic to peanuts must avoid it. But, as it is the case with most foods; eating this too much might cause some issues.
It is good to stay within the limits and consume 1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a day. (depending on your activity level) An overdose of peanut butter may lead to weight gain, inflammation and digestive disorders.
Note: Since peanuts are rich in omega 6 fats (just like most vegetable oils) it is advisable to use omega 3 rich foods in diet to strike a healthy balance. Although, both these fats are good for health an imbalance may lead to inflammation in the body. You can sprinkle flaxseeds or chia seeds on your peanut butter rich recipes.
How does peanut butter help in bodybuilding?
A great thing about peanut butter is that it is a plant based ‘Complete Protein’.
With every tablespoon of peanut butter one gets 4 to 5 grams of protein, along with healthy fats and lost of vitamins and minerals. Being, rich unhealthy fats and protein this is a calorie dense food, which helps provide energy to bear heavy workouts when used as a pre work out. Also, it can be used as a healthy snack option to while maintaining the protein, carbs and fat balance in meals.
The best peanut butter in India for bodybuilding would be any ‘Natural’ Peanut butter from the list given above (since they are devoid of sugar added oil or preservatives n artificial flavour)
Is it compliant with ketogenic diet?
KETO diet is aimed at making the body dependent on fats for energy instead of carbs and protein. One needs to have very less carbs, high fat and a moderate protein diet. If you’ve read about the nutritional breakdown of peanut butter (mentioned above in this article) you will very well know that it is fit for us during such a diet.
When looking for a peanut butter for ketogenic diet, it is necessary to pick a pure and ‘natural’ peanut butter where nothing other than peanuts has been added.
Can peanut butter can be made at home?
Yes… It is easy to make for everyone who is used to simple kind of cooking. Here you may read the homemade peanut butter recipe in brief :-
Roast the Peanuts:
Roasting peanuts provide them more aroma and they become much easier to process. The nuts must take light brown spots after roasting.
Cool Down then blend:
Add warm peanuts to a food processor or a simple blender. The peanuts are going to go through several phases in texture, before getting creamy and smooth. The very first step is simply to burst the nuts a few times in order to immediately break them up. Then continue this process at a higher speed for one minute, it is going to look like wet sand.
An additional one minute of processing at a higher speed is going to create a nice chunky textured peanut butter. The machine will get hot from processing. If you see the unit disturbed at any moment, allow it to rest and cool off for ten minutes before continuing.
Add Salt and Sweeteners (as per your taste):
This’s the right time to add salt or maybe some other flavouring ingredients as sweeteners maple syrup or honey, cocoa powder for chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon, vegetable oil or maybe coconut oil. When you are adding maple syrup or honey, you have to then add oils to maintain the peanut butter smooth and spreadable; otherwise, it would freeze up and smudge together instantly.
Process for one to two minutes, until a smooth and hot pourable peanut butter, is formed. Once the nut butter cools down, it is going to be spreadable using a blade.
This homemade peanut butter recipe makes approximately one cup of spread. Shift it to an airtight box or maybe a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate.
Handling the recipe like a pro isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Unlike others if you are clumsy in the kitchen, our list of the best peanut butter in India is for you.
Hope that helped!