Is it imperative to look for the ‘Best Whey Protein powder in India’?? Why can’t I buy just any whey protein that appeals to me via an Ad OR that someone suggests me??
Well, our advice would be: DO NOT BUY A WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT IN A HURRY! This is because it is a health supplement, so it is important to make an informed decision. Also, the amount of options available in India for Whey protein are enough to confuse anyone.
At present WHEY PROTEIN is a universal favourite supplement in the fitness and sports category. Not only does it help with gaining lean muscle which adds to your strength; it also helps recover easily after strenuous workouts. You would be happy to know that this is one of the best protein supplement as of now in terms of its quality.
Also read: Types of Protein Powders and which is best??
We have answered many of your common queries (Whey protein FAQs) in this blog post and also included parameters which you should know while buying whey protein.
- Glutamine and glutamic acid make your immune system stronger and help in pacing up the recovery process of muscles!
- Leucine, Iso leucine and Valine are the main branched chain amino acids, that are needed for muscle recovery.
10 Best Whey Protein Powder in India in 2020:
OPTIMUM NUTRITION isn’t just another domestic player or a newcomer in the sports nutrition supplement manufacturing industry. It is an internationally acclaimed, trustworthy company operating in this area since 1986. Its production facilities are spread across some states in the USA. They claim to maintain a high quality of their products. Their products are GMP registered and also comply with the rules laid by NSF.
GMP: Good manufacturing practices, NSF: National Science Foundation (USA)
Therefore, our first choice is ‘Optimum Nutrition’. Their whey protein has been used by thousands of customers with no complaints whatsoever (this is an exception for people with allergies/ specific health issues/ or wrong usage of the product). ON is clearly one of the best whey protein in the world as well as in India.
It packs 80% protein that is 24 grams of protein in each serving of 30 grams. Good thing is it won’t be difficult to move it down your throat since it tastes really good! Experts from the industry and thousand of users testify to this fact.
It has 1 gram of sugar per serving. This sugar is calorie-free acesulfame potassium. (a substitute of sugar).
Serving profile ( for every serving of 30 g)
- 24 g protein
- 1g fat
- 3 g carbohydrate
- 50 mg sodium
Protein Metrics: Bioavailability of protein is 80%.
- The protein content is composed of essential as well as non essential amino acids.
- It is a mix of whey protein concentrate as well as whey protein isolate thus it will get digested at a fast rate.
- It has 5.5g BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) per serving. Each serving contains glutamine and glutamic acid of about 4g which is necessary for muscle recovery and boosting the immune system.
- Mixes very smoothly
- Tastes good
- The amino acids it contains are viable and in their best state. Since they collect whey protein by a process called ultrafiltration which causes minimal denaturation of the protein.
- Available in many flavours
Bottom line: With the quality, extremely good taste and an impressive 80% protein content, this is a very good choice.
2. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Isolate Whey Protein Powder – 3.0 lb, 44 servings (Chocolate Bliss)
This one has ‘whey protein isolate’ as the primary ingredient.
Serving profile ( serving size of 31 g)
- 25 g protein
- 0.5g fat
- 1 g carbohydrate
- 190 mg sodium
Protein Metrics: It provides 25 grams of protein in each serving of around 31 g which is a decent amount. 80% Bio availability.
- The label on the jar demonstrates the ultrafiltration process by which this protein has been prepared. It is a safe method to remove extra carbs (lactose in this case) and fats from the product.
- The protein you get is a combination of hydrolysed whey protein isolate (47%) and whey protein isolate (46%). They protein is hydrolysed which means it is broken into fragments called peptides. These are small chains of amino acids that can be very easily absorbed in blood since they are in a pre-digested form.
- The protein content is a mix of essential and non essential amino acids. Essential A.A weigh 11.4 g in every serving.
- 5.5 g of Branded Chain amino acids to aid in muscle building.
- 4.3 g of glutamine and glutamic acid that will help to boost immunity and the fast recovery process of muscles.
- It has a zero-calorie artificial sweetener (Sucralose) in it.
- Tastes good.
- Gluten free.
- It will give a speedy post-workout recovery when compared to whey protein concentrate since it gets absorbed in the body at a faster rate.
- Lactose intolerant people can easily use it, since here the percentage of lactose is minimal. It can also be used by individuals who have bloating issues with whey protein.
- It is available in two flavours: Chocolate bliss and rich vanilla.
Bottomline: ON Gold Standard Isolate Protein is really good for post-workout recovery. Although it can be used both as a pre and post workout drink. It is good in quality and tastes good. This is also one of the best whey protein in India for weight loss as it contains low amount of carbs (Refer question 1 in FAQ).
Ultimate Nutrition has been there since the 1990s in the U.S.A. It is a renowned name in this sector and has been recognised around the world for its high quality and efficacious products. The company abides by cGMP compliance.
Serving Profile: (serving size of 30 g)
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate (sugar) 1 g
- Fat 1 g
- Sodium 30 mg
- Cholesterol 20 mg
Protein Metrics: It has 25 g of protein in every serving of 30 grams which means around 83% bio availability. .
- The composition of 25g of protein per serving is a unique combination of a diverse variety of essential as well as non essential proteins.
- To provide you with good muscle-building results they have packed a considerable amount of BCAAs (Branched-chain amino acids) which are over 6 g per serving.
- The protein that you will ingest with ultimate nutrition prostar is a combination of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and peptides too.
- This supplement can be taken as a pre-workout as well as a post workout supplement since it will fuel your body with needed energy in a short while and also keep you full for some time. This is because whey protein concentrate takes a little time to digest while isolate and peptides are in a readily usable form.
- A zero calorie sweetener (acesulfame potassium) has been added.
- There are a variety of flavours to choose from. However, if you like chocolates, the chocolate creme flavour would be best for you.
- A very budget-friendly option available in India.
- Low in carbs and fat content.
- No issues with the miscibility of this product.
- It also contains some amount of Vitamin A, C, calcium and iron.
Bottomline: Go for it if you are searching for a budget friendly option with credibility in terms of high protein content. All these points makes it a good option for cheap and best whey protein in India among flavoured whey proteins.
This is a high quality ‘whey isolate’ produced by the same reputed company; Ultimate Nutrition. Not only does it have a high percentage of protein, but it does have some more added benefits that make it just one of its kinds! It is the best option if you’re looking for a good ‘whey isolate’ in India. As you will read below the protein and carbs content, you will come to know it is also one of the best protein powder in India for weight loss (combine it with exercise and proper diet).
Serving Profile: (serving size 33g)
- 30 g protein
- 0.46 g fat
- 1 g carbohydrate
- Sugar <1g
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- 130 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: It has an exceptionally high bioavailability of protein and that is 93%.
- This supplement contains essential as well as non essential ones that blend together to give you the much-needed protein for muscle growth and recovery.
- It is important to note that the company claims the protein they provide is in an un denatured (in its natural form) state. This is maintained by processing the protein in a very low-temperature environment and then it is micro filtered to provide a very clean and effective protein supplement.
- Not only does it contain whey protein, but it also contains ‘Colostrum’ too. Recent researches have established its exceptional property of boosting the performance of those who undergo HIT (High Intensity Training) and athletes. Colostrum is also know for strengthening the immune system.
- BCAAs have not been separately mentioned. But when we examine the amino acid profile, we find that they have provided them according the standard ratio that is best for muscle growth.
- It contains Glutamine complex. This complex has glutamine in its most stable yet readily absorbable form for faster recovery.
- It has D complex too, which is a blend of digestive enzymes that are most needed for fast digestion and absorption of this supplement.
- The ‘whey isolate’ you get in this supplement retains its nutrient value. It is in a readily absorbable form.
- Not one, but a blend of digestive enzymes are provided, make this supplement easy and light for your gut.
- Very less cholesterol; almost fat-free.
- Combines muscle growth, recovery, strength gains, slowed ageing and immunity-boosting benefits.
- Economical option when compared to other Whey protein ‘isolates’ available in India.
Whey isolate is always expensive when compared to blended or concentrate form of proteins but this one a real value for money option. We find it to be the best whey protein isolate in India for building lean muscle.
Asitis whey protein stands out in the category of an ‘original and additives free’ supplement. It is from an Indian brand but the whey protein used by them is imported from the U.S.A. Asitis whey protein price and quality makes it one of the cheapest and best whey protein in India.
Serving profile ( serving size of 30 g)
- 24 g protein
- 1.5 g fat
- 2.5 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 5.4g BCAAs
- 119 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 80% bioavailability.
- Each serving of 30 grams contains 24 g of protein which makes its bioavailability reach 80%. This is a clear indicator of it being a good protein supplement.
- The protein profile is diverse, containing essential as well as non essential amino acids.
- BCAAs are present in a good amount. (5.4g per serving)
- Among BCAAs; Leucine has a share of 2.6g per serving which is good enough while Isoleucine and Valine are more than a gram. This is an ideal ratio of BCAAs.
- The protein in Asitis whey protein isn’t denatured. It is raw so it retains its originality hence loss of minerals and vitamins is minimised in this product.
- No flavour or sweetener has been added so you can be sure that what you are ingesting does not have any harmful or artificial additive in it.
- The mixability of the product is good. Asitis whey protein easily blends in water, milk or fruit juice.
- An important thing to note here is that this supplement is in its raw form (concentrate form of whey protein). They have not added anything extra here, not even any digestive enzymes so it might be a trouble for those who have a weak digestive system or are lactose intolerant.
- Being completely unflavoured, it might not taste great. If you cannot sacrifice taste, this might not be for you. Of course, many people find it to be unpalatable.
- Can be used in your smoothies, or for high protein meals like homemade protein bars, pancakes, etc since it is itself unflavoured and unsweetened.
- It comes in a pouch that is made of food-grade material and has a good seal. You can easily carry it along if you are travelling.
Bottomline: Asitis whey protein has created a unique selling space for itself. Owing to the facts that it is unflavoured, has no fillers and or heavy metals, it will prove to be a boon for your health!. This is one of the best Indian whey protein.
‘MuscleBlaze whey gold’ offers good quality protein content to its customers. Thus, it is among the well-appraised Whey proteins in India.
Serving Profile (serving size of 30g)
- 25 g protein
- 0.46 g fat
- 1.65 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 109 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: Muscleblaze whey gold isolate contains over 80% of the protein content in each serving.
- Each serving of MuscleBlaze whey gold isolate has 25 g of protein which incorporates essential as well as non essential amino acids in a manner that will aid in muscle recovery and synthesis.
- The amount of BCAAs added is appropriate. It contains 5.5g of BCAAs per serving. Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine are in the standard ratio 2:1:1 which is ideal for gaining lean muscle.
- 4.38g of Glutamic acid is present in each serving. It will help in speedy muscle recovery.
- Since, Muscleblaze whey gold is an isolate form of whey protein, it will digest and get absorbed in your system rapidly. This will cause minimal bloating issues as it does not contain much lactose in it.
- Muscleblaze whey gold supplement mixes well in water or milk.
- Tastes good.
- Can be used by those who want a fast-digesting protein, as a pre or post workout supplement.
- Minimal bloating issues.
- It contains digestive enzymes to aid in its digestion and absorption.
Bottomline: The quality of the Muscleblaze whey gold isolate is good. If you are searching for best Indian whey protein brands, then this might be a good option for you to get great results.
This is yet another trustworthy whey protein powder that you can bank on. It is from a company that markets its products worldwide and with success so far. The product is GMP compliant. The protein provided is pure and in its best usable from. It has been acclaimed by most of its users.
Serving Profile: ( serving size of 36g )
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 3 g
- Fat 3 g
- Sodium 30 mg
- Cholesterol 75 mg
Protein Metrics: 69.44% Bio availability.
- Each serving of 36 grams contains 25 grams of protein, which is a blend of whey concentrate, isolate and hydrolysed whey protein.
- It is a fast digesting protein since hydrolysed and isolate form of whey protein has been used.
- Among BCAAs (5.5g per serving) ‘leucine’ holds key importance for muscle growth. There is 2.7 grams of leucine in each packing of 5.5 g of serving of BCAAs.
- 4.4g glutamine is present. This is important for muscle recovery.
- The mix-ability of any protein powder is important. This one really mixes well, just as good as the ones mentioned above.
- It is palatable. The taste is not only good but very satisfying.
- Calcium and iron are also provided in each serving.
Bottomline: Dymatize elite will undoubtedly help in your strength and muscle building endeavours. Good opinion of users also support it. Its price is adequate. But, strict weight watchers should keep in mind that this has 3g of carbohydrate and 3g of fat per serving.
This is another whey protein brand indigenous to India. It was initially launched in 2013, so we see that it has been around for a while. Being budget friendly and a quality product, this has been embraced by many.
The company provides transparency regarding the ingredients and also provides many variations of the same product. Their range includes:
(i) MFF Whey protein 80 concentrate
(ii) MFF Whey Protein 90 isolate
(iii) MFF Essential Recovery Protein
(iv) MFF Advance 100% Whey protein with digestive enzymes
Serving profile: (serving size 32.8g)
- 26.4 g protein (dry basis)
- 24.3 g protein (actual basis)
- 2.6 g fat
- 1.7 g carbohydrate
- 0 g sugar
- 150 mg sodium
- 133 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: The number ’80’ in the name, stands for 80% bioavailability of protein in the supplement as calculated on a dry basis. This supplement also provides information regarding the availability of protein in your body, which will be around 74% (as is basis).
*** The actual availability of protein in our body is always around 5% lesser than what is printed on the label. The protein percentage in the product is measured in the dry form. Since proteins are not dry in their natural form, they always contain moisture which causes the true protein availability to be reduced. It is kind of this company to mention it although it is true for other protein supplements as well.
- Crude (raw) whey protein concentrate with no additives. It has optimum amounts of essential as well as non essential amino acids. 11.8 g essential amino acids.
- Maintains a standard ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. The total amount of BCAAs per serving is 5.4g.
- 4g glutamine which is also satisfactory.
- Apart from selling an unflavoured raw Whey supplement, they also provide a variety of flavours like rich chocolate delight, coffee caramel, swiss vanilla, etc.
- It has no fillers or additions of substances that may harm you.
- No digestive enzymes.
- 0 artificial sugar.
- You can add this in your meals (smoothies, cakes, pancakes) since it is unflavoured.
- It has no sugar and no soy, no artificial sweeteners. Since, it does not contain soy it is safe for people who have thyroid issues, and for diabetics too. A wide range of people can use it. Pure vegans, thyroid patients, diabetics, etc can use it freely
- They claim transparency in providing you authentic nutritional information and provide a copy of their lab report.
Bottomline: Budget-friendly. Good option if you’re looking for an Indian brand. It is easy for you to find a customised product for yourself, from their range of Whey protein supplements. My fit fuel is also one of the best Indian whey protein at affordable price.
Nitro Tech from ‘Muscle Tech’ is a protein blend helps to gain muscle size and strength. It isn’t pure whey protein since it has added portions of creatine in it. This is ideally for athletes and for those who undergo intense workouts.
Serving profile ( for every serving of 46 g)
- 30 g protein
- 2.5 g fat
- 4 g carbohydrate
- 2 g sugar
- 1 g (approx.) dietary fibre
- 80 mg of cholesterol
- 150 mg sodium
- 160 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 65% Bio availability. This is quite less when there are whey proteins available which provide up to 80% of protein with every serving.
- It is undoubtedly a good protein supplement, but not a pure whey protein since it has certain additions that other whey proteins do not contain.
- The protein component in muscletech nitrotech here is a blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate and whey peptides. The form of protein that they have used is in a fast digesting form. Whey isolate and peptides get absorbed in the system very rapidly.
- It is important to note that the serving size of this product is quite high (in comparison to other supplements) about 46g. This is because the manufacturers have added other essentials for muscle growth.
- Muscletech nitrotech contains 6.8g of BCAAs per serving, where leucine has a share of 3.3g.
- Glutamic acid (needed for post-workout recovery) and its precursors have a share of 5g per serving. t
- Every serving has 3g of added Creatine. This helps in increasing muscle mass and strength. Both these properties of creatine have been well established through research.
- Muscletech nitrotech contains sucralose as well as acesulfame potassium as sweeteners. Both are zero calorie sweeteners.
- It does contain cholesterol, way more than other supplements available in the market.
- Good tasting supplement.
- It will help with gains in the lean muscle and enhance performance also.
- Muscle tech Nitrotech also has added digestive enzymes.
Bottomline: Overall it is a good supplement that will lead to muscle gain and also improve your strength levels. It is for those, who need some more benefits apart from just protein supplementation. Those who are looking for a clean and pure protein supplement with no add ons, this isn’t for them.
BSN or Bio-Engineered Supplements is a very renowned sports supplement brand in the U.S.A. The company was established in the year 2001. Since then, it has been known to provide its customers with high-quality supplements that helped produce desired results. Its product’s quality is undoubtedly, very good. BSN Syntha 6 is one of the best protein powder in India for weight gain as well.
The BSN Syntha 6 Protein Matrix brings to its users a blend of 6 different and good quality proteins.
Serving Profile (Serving size: 47 g)
- Calories 200 g
- Fat 6 g
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sugar 2 g
Protein Metrics: The bioavailability of protein is hence, less than 50%.
Nutrient Profile :
- The protein found in this supplement is a blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate, casein, egg protein and soy. Whey concentrate is highest (w.r.t quantity) in the blend.
- Casein and egg protein are very good quality proteins. But the drawback with both is that casein is a slow-digesting protein and egg protein digests even slower than casein.
- It also contains glutamine peptides that aid in muscle recovery.
- Healthy fats (MCTS: Medium Chain triglycerides) have been added to it, which are good for cardiac health. Apart from this it also contains fat from sunflower oil.
- In every serving of 47g, 22g of protein is available where you get about 10 g of essential amino acids.
- Its digestion will take some time. So, if used as a post workout drink you should not expect a speedy recovery of muscles or a quick gain in energy.
- It not only contains whey but other high-quality proteins like casein, egg protein and soy. All of them have a high biological value.
- It mixes well with water or milk to give you a great tasting shake.
- 5g of fibre per serving will maintain your gut’s health and also keep you full for quite some time.
Bottomline: It can be a great addition to your diet. This supplement provides protein from a variety of sources so it is not a pure whey protein. As the name suggests it is a ‘Protein Matrix’ and from that point of view, it is a good supplement.
Here, we end our list. We do not claim this is infallible research but it is the best from our side. 🙂
Why should I use Whey Protein??
There are a lot of misconceptions or myths regarding ‘Whey protein’. It is important for me to re iterate that our list is for ‘The best Whey protein supplements in India’ for MEN and WOMEN’ both. Watch this video to have a complete picture of facts related to this great Protein Supplement!
Whey protein benefits
This isn’t just any supplement sitting around the corner that will go down your gut and make no difference! Whey protein has a bundle of benefits to offer. (all facts are backed by science )
- It helps for muscle gain in those who undergo physical training of any form.
- Useful in losing weight. A good amount of protein incorporated in your diet will cause you to feel full for longer and will help to cut down your carbohydrate intake.
- It replenishes the level of antioxidant (glutathione) in our body. This helps to neutralise the effect of free radicals and keep the skin healthy and shining, thus minimising the effects of ageing.
- Promotes healthy ageing by helping by restoring muscle loss.
- It lowers the risk of cancer.
- Boosts immunity, since it also contains important immunoglobulins.
- May help to lift your mood.
Types of whey protein
There are three main types of whey protein:
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
- A perfect ‘all-round’ protein. It usually has 70-80% protein content.
- It digests at a fairly fast rate and is very effective and widely used by athletes and weight trainers.
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- It has a high protein percentage (usually 80-90%), which is fast-digesting and is ideal for muscle gaining and boosting nitrogen levels in the bloodstream rapidly.
- Impurities such as fat and lactose have been separated from the powder through the treatment process.
- Isolate helps to overcome the bloating issues faced by some people using concentrate whey. Here, lactose that is the main cause for bloating is almost eliminated while processing.
- It contains a minimal amount of fat.
Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH)
- This protein is fat and lactose-free as well as it is in its pre-digested form. This means that the links between the amino acids have been broken down, increasing the rate of digestion even further.
- It is important to note that the processing causes denaturing of many important vitamins, minerals and immunoglobulins so the added benefits may become less here. But the ease of digestion is at its best.
What to look for while buying Best whey protein in India?
It is important to know the criteria for selecting the best whey protein powder in India so that you can choose the best one based on your personal needs. So let’s start:
The label tells it all…. Is it true? only partially. You need to read carefully.
Every whey protein brand that you explore before buying has a different serving size, and they print the amount of protein that they will provide per serving. For example, brand A gives you 30 g grams of protein per serving and B gives 25 grams. Overlooking the serving size will make you prone to making a wrong decision. What if we tell you that the serving size of protein A was 45g while that of protein B was 30g. Now calculate the percentage of protein that both the protein supplements deliver per serving. It is 66.66% for protein A and 83.33% for protein B. This is the bioavailability of protein in that supplement. Now we find that protein B is better. 🙂
Quality can be judged from several factors the primary one being the method by which it is produced. The best possible methods by which whey protein is produced are Ultrafiltration or Microfiltration ( at low temperatures). Low temp is necessary since it keeps the protein in its natural form, undenatured and thus usable by the body. Never buy a protein that had gone through acid treatment or any treatment that involves high temperatures. Apart from this, many brands provide a copy of their lab test report which tells the genuineness of protein content in their product. This also can help you ascertain the quality of the product.
Too many additives mean that the quality of protein in your supplement has been compromised. Thickeners, fillers, corn syrup, soy, vegetable oils and fats, casein and too much fibre are generally added in supplements. As a wise consumer you must take into account, what else other than protein (ie amino acids) has been added in the product.
Although almost all whey protein supplements have additives, you need to check that these additions should be in very small or limited amounts and the harmful substances (heavy metals) should not be present at all. Too much of soy protein, or too much fibre or any addition that is high in its glycemic index should be avoided.
You’re taking a supplement only because you value your health and fitness. It is incumbent upon you to keep a check on your macronutrients. A well-balanced whey protein has around 70 to over 80% protein in it, very less fat and fewer carbs. Both fat and carbohydrates should not exceed 2-3 g per serving.
The reputation and credibility that a product picks up, happens over time. If a product isn’t worthy, it might become popular initially but its likeness among consumers will soon fade. While selecting the best whey protein, go in for a supplement that has a good reputation which is built with the trust that consumers have vested in the product.
6.Your personal needs:
Identify the type of whey protein you need. Whey protein concentrate is generally good for anyone. If at all you are a person who suffers from bloating issues with whey concentrate, go in for whey isolate. In case of lactose intolerance go in for whey hydrolysate, where lactose has been almost eliminated. Advanced bodybuilders can usually use hydrolysate form of protein, for fast recovery and maximum content and purity of the protein.
Your personal taste needs are also important. If you can’t tolerate unflavoured raw whey at all, go in for a flavoured one and enjoy the treat. And in any case, you can handle the unflavoured one, go for it. Take care of your allergies too. Read the ingredient label carefully before you buy your supplement.
There is a lot of variety with respect to price. Some foreign brands, as well as some Indian brands are worth trusting in this respect, which offer a good price without compromising on quality.In the quest for saving money, do not fall prey to any non standard, unworthy, product that does not meet the quality standards of a health supplement. Tip: Always buy a 5 lbs tub, that will save you money and last longer.
Whey Protein: FAQs
Can I use Whey protein for weight loss?
In general, for weight management reducing the carbohydrate intake and increasing protein intake leads to fat loss and lean muscle remains preserved during dieting. This fact is backed by scientific research. Since whey protein delivers way more protein in just one serving than other alternatives, it can be used to aid in weight loss. This happens because the satiety level achieved by ingesting protein is more than eating equal amounts of carbohydrate or healthy fats.
Is it OK to take Whey protein powder if I have diabetes?
Yes. Whey protein has been found to be useful in lowering blood glucose levels. As explained earlier also, whey protein helps promote satiety for long and hence the patient can keep his/her glucose levels in control.
Should Whey Protein be avoided by people having high blood pressure?
It is safe to take whey protein for those who suffer from high blood pressure. In fact, some recent researches suggest that it may help in lowering blood pressure.
NOTE: It is neither a remedy for diabetes nor for high blood pressure meaning that it won’t necessarily cure any of the two. However, in some cases, consumption of whey protein has been beneficial in both the conditions. An important takeaway is that it isn’t dangerous or risky to use it in both these health conditions.
Is whey protein good for children?
It isn’t bad for children or teens but their daily requirement of protein is much lower than that of adults which can be completed using natural sources of protein. It isn’t wise to allow children (ideally more than 10 years of age) to depend on these supplements since it may result in overdosage of protein.
Are there any side effects of whey protein powder?
There aren’t potent dangers or side effects related to taking a whey protein supplement. Its benefits are of course many. Mostly, there are mild side effects that are usually related to flatulence, indigestion or nausea in some people. Those who have lactose intolerance should use hydrolysed whey. Others who are allergic to certain additives used (like, soy, corn syrup, egg, etc) should read the label carefully before buying one. Using an unflavoured whey protein with no additives can be a solution for many.
Any precautions to be taken while using a whey protein supplement?
Proteins are made up of amino acids that have a nitrogen atom in it. In order to metabolise and flush out nitrogen from your body, it is important to drink plenty of water. Any harm that may result with long term use of a high protein diet or protein supplements can be easily avoided by drinking water!
We hope that you have found the best whey protein supplement in India as per your needs. All the best for your goals and please share this article with your friends if found helpful!