‘Which is the Cheapest Whey Protein in India?’ is an often asked question on forums, at stores, among friends or in the neighbourhood around you.
People often ask…..
- which is the cheap n best whey protein in India,
- Best and cheap Whey protein in India,
- Cheapest Whey protein powder in India
- they sometimes search for Cheap Whey protein online
Why is there a quest for finding a lowest priced Whey protein???
This is because Whey protein is a legitimate & effective protein supplement for muscle gain. It helps to gain strength, tone muscles and endure workouts. It completes the protein requirements of men as well as women. But, this is also the truth that it is very costly!
NOTE: This article will help you to choose a cheap Whey protein. We have provided information in a manner that you may learn to examine and choose a good quality & cheap ‘ Whey Protein powder.
EDITOR’S PICKS (category wise) for the Cheapest Whey Protein in India
Whey protein concentrate (flavoured) RAW WHEY WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN BLEND
Whey protein concentrate (flavoured)
TIP:- Raw Whey protein powders are cheap. But, Raw Whey Protein can be taken by anyone who can digest Milk easily. If you face bloating issues with milk and other dairy products; Raw Whey won’t suit you. In such a case, go in for whey protein supplements with added digestive enzymes.
Cheapest Whey Protein in India: Top options you won’t regret buying.
Asitis whey protein stands out in the category of an ‘additives free and cheap’ supplement. It is from an Indian brand but the whey protein used by them is imported from the U.S.A. Asitis whey protein has created a unique selling space for itself, owing to it being unflavoured, with no fillers, elimination of any traces of heavy metals and maintaining purity such that it will prove to be a boon for your health!
Asitis whey protein price and quality makes it one of the cheapest and best whey protein in India.
Serving profile ( serving size of 30 g)
- 24 g protein
- 1.5 g fat
- 2.5 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 5.4g BCAAs
- 119 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 80% bioavailability
- Each serving of 30 grams contains 24 g of protein which makes its bioavailability reach 80%. This is a clear indicator of it being a good protein supplement.
- The protein profile is diverse, containing essential as well as non essential amino acids.
- The BCAAs which are required for muscle growth are present in a good amount. (5.4g per serving)
- Among BCAAs Leucine has a share of 2.6g per serving which is good enough while Isoleucine and Valine are more than a gram. This is an ideal ratio of BCAAs.
- The protein in Asitis whey protein isn’t denatured. It is in its raw form. It is not processed too much so it retains its originality hence loss of minerals and vitamins is minimised in this product.
- No flavour or sweetener has been added so you can be sure that what you are ingesting does not have any harmful or artificial additive in it.
- The mixability of the product is good. Asitis whey protein easily blends in water, milk or fruit juice.
- An important thing to note here is that this supplement is in its raw form (concentrate form of whey protein). They have not added anything extra here, not even any digestive enzymes so it might be a trouble for those who have a weak digestive system or are lactose intolerant.
- Being completely unflavoured, you will need to adjust yourself with the taste of Asitis whey protein. If you cannot sacrifice taste, this might not be for you. Of course, many people find it to be unpalatable.
- Asitis whey protein can be used in your smoothies, or for high protein meals like homemade protein bars, pancakes, etc since it is itself unflavoured and unsweetened.
- It comes in a pouch that is made of food-grade material and has a good seal. You can easily carry it along if you are travelling.
- Best suited for those who want to use a zero sugar supplement and also for those who are strict at watching out their macros.
Bottomline: It is one of the best ‘value for money’ option in India. Even though it is flavourless, its quality and price are reason enough to take it home and start using it and achieve your fitness goals. Also, if you’re looking for a cheap Whey protein isolate from a trusted brand you can go in for Asitis Whey protein isolate(number 8 in the list).
Although, new in the market, Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate is bound to be good (quality wise). While, finding a cheap Whey protein online, I stumbled upon this option and to my surprise it was a genuine and worthy option. Most people love it (including me).
Protein metrics: This supplement contains 23.4g of protein in a serving of 30g. The bioavailability of protein is 78%, which is good enough.
Serving Profile: (serving size= 30g)
- Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Fat 2.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Dietary fiber 0 g
- Calories 123 cal
- It is raw whey, in an un denatured and pure state!
- BCAAS are 5.3g in each serving and it is a good amount. BCAAS are important for building muscles. They include leucine, isoleucine and valine. These 3 amino acids are present in this supplement in the standard ratio of 2:1:1.
- 3.9 g glutamine which is important for faster muscle recovery. In simple terms, they heal the wear and tear in muscle tissues which occurs as a result of daily physical activities like running, jogging, weight training, aerobics, or any other strenuous task.
- The amount of carbohydrate and fat with respect to protein is minimal.
- It does not have any extras which are useless or in nay case detrimental to your health. It has no additives like artificial sweeteners or colours, thickeners and fillers.
- Nutrabay whey protein concentrate is not having soy, casein protein, or fibre. This will keep the digestion rate of the supplement good, since all these additions slow down the absorption rate of whey protein and it won’t help you achieve a fast recovery post-workout. Apart from its biological value, Whey is preferred over other forms of protein like casein, or soy because of its fast absorption in the body.
- This product does not contain soy and any sweetener whatsoever it is safe for people with thyroid issues and also for diabetics.
- Nutrabay whey protein concentrate is ISO compliant and verified by FSSAI. ( ISO: International Organisation for standardisation, FSSAI: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
- The product contains whey protein concentrate which is imported from accredited International suppliers.
- Unlike many other whey proteins, that are being sold in the market it qualifies for being a pure and safe supplement as claimed by the company. Moreover, the price is really enticing.
Bottomline: It is a good choice when you are looking to buy a cheap Whey protein online. It has gained popularity and acceptance in India owing to its good quality. Buy Nutrabay Whey Protein Isolate to avoid lactose content for those who have lactose intolerance.
Although NakPro Nutrition is a new entrant in the sports supplement category they’ve got everything right when it comes to their products. Starting from importing Whey from U.S.A, getting certifications like ISO, FSSAI, Halal/ Kosher compliances and following all safety guidelines etc to deliver it to Indian buyers with an unbeatable price.
The manufacturing and packaging unit for Nak Pro is in Bangalore (India). It is really cheap and is a boon for all those who are on a low budget diet.
Serving profile ( serving size of 33 g)
- 24 g protein
- 1.8 g fat
- 4.6 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 5.79 g BCAAs
- 126 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 72.72% bioavailability
- The Whey used by NAK Pro is sourced from Hilmar Ingredients U.S.A. they have provided a lab test repost along with the product claiming no presence of harmful or banned substances in the product.
- It has a good bio availability of 72%, delivering 24g of protein with every serving.
- The quantity of carbs and fat is low.
- BCAAs and Glutamic acid are also found in impressive amounts. 5.79g BCAAs and 4.7.4g of Glutamic Acid are present in it.
- The mix-ability of this whey protein powder is good. It blends well with water forming a smooth creamy drink.
- Apart from the raw/unflavoured form Whey concentrate from Nak Pro is available in various flavours like chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, mango as well as ‘raw unflavoured whey’.
- The raw Whey as well as the flavoured concentrate Whey from Nak pro are free from sugar, soy, and everything that is banned and poses health risks.
- It is free from any sort of thickeners, fillers, colours etc while the flavoured concentrate forms may contain permitted flavour, colour and zero calorie sweetener in them.
- It has ‘added digestive enzymes’. They will help to your body to easily digest as well as assimilate it well.
- Nak pro products can be easily verified fro authenticity through the Nak pro website or by simply calling the customer care number.
- In any case Whey protein supplements from Nak Pro aren’t substandard (as some might perceive) owing to the low price tag. They meet the quality standards of a sports supplement.
- The taste of unflavoured Whey isn’t appealing for some. In this case you can flavour it with cocoa, or use this whey protein powder to blend it with your favourite fruits to make a great protein smoothie. A good post workout drink! 🙂
NOTE: For a higher protein percentage (around 80%) you can go in for Nak Pro GOLd 100% Whey protein Concentrate. This too is a cheap Whey protein powder.
The reviews for NakPro are mixed. We suggest you to go in for this one when your aim is to get good Whey protein within a tight budget. Actually, it is the lowest priced Whey protein in our list of Cheapest Whey protein in India.
MyFitFuel is another whey protein produced in India. It was initially launched in 2013, so we see that it has been around for a while. Being budget friendly and a quality product, this has been embraced by many.
The company provides transparency regarding the ingredients.
It is easy for you to find a customised product for yourself, from their range of Whey protein supplements.
(i) MFF Whey protein 80 concentrate
(ii) MFF Whey Protein 90 isolate
(iii) MFF Essential Recovery Protein
(iv) MFF Advance 100% Whey protein with digestive enzymes
Serving profile: (serving size 32.8g)
- 26.4 g protein (dry basis)
- 24.3 g protein (actual basis)
- 2.6 g fat
- 1.7 g carbohydrate
- 0 g sugar
- 45.9 mg sodium
- 133 calories per serving
The number ’80’ in the name, stands for 80% bioavailability of protein in the supplement as calculated on a dry basis. This supplement also provides information regarding the availability of protein inside the body, which will be around 74%.
*** This is nothing new, the actual availability of protein in your body is always around 5% lesser than what is printed on the label. The protein percentage in the product is measured in the dry form, and this happens for almost all standard protein supplements. Proteins are not dry in their natural form, they always contain moisture which causes the true protein availability to be reduced. It is kind of this company to mention it.
- Crude whey protein concentrate with no additives. The protein profile is diverse, having optimum amounts of essential as well as non essential amino acids. 11.8 g essential amino acids.
- Maintains a standard ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. The total amount of BCAAs per serving is 5.4g.
- 4g glutamine which is also satisfactory.
- This supplement is unflavoured and unsweetened. It has no fillers or additions of substances that may harm you.
- No digestive enzymes.
- 0 artificial sugar.
- You can add this in your meals (smoothies, cakes, pancakes) since it is unflavoured.
- It has no sugar and no soy, no artificial sweeteners. Since, it does not contain soy it is safe for people who have thyroid issues, and for diabetics too. A wide range of people can use it. Pure vegans, thyroid patients, diabetics, etc can use it freely
- They claim transparency in providing you authentic nutritional information and provide a copy of their lab report.
Bottomline: It is a budget-friendly good option if you’re looking for an indigenous brand. No doubt, it is one the best and cheap whey protein.
‘Muscle Blaze Raw whey’ has optimum amount of protein to offer to its customers. Thus, it is among the well-appraised whey proteins in India.
Protein metrics: 80% bio availability.This means that it will provide pure Whey protein; which has 80% share in the nutrient makeup of the product
Serving Profile (serving size of 30g)
- 24 g protein
- 1.95 g fat
- 2.1 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 122 calories per serving
- This is a ‘raw’ or ‘crude’ form of whey protein.
- Each serving of Muscle Blaze Whey has 24 g of protein which incorporates essential (11.2 g) as well as non essential amino acids in a manner that will aid in muscle recovery and synthesis.
- It contains 5.2g of BCAAs per serving. Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine are in the standard ratio 2:1:1 which is ideal for gaining lean muscle.
- 4.2 g of Glutamic acid is present in each serving. It will help in speedy muscle recovery.
- This will cause minimal digestive issues since it has added digestive enzymes in it.
- Muscle blaze whey gold supplement mixes well in water or milk.
- This product is also from an Indian company but the raw material that ‘whey’ is imported from the U.S.A and is processed in India. A lab report attached with their product affirms the quantity of protein in its total composition.
- Tastes good.
- Muscle blaze Raw whey can be used by those who want ease in digestion since it comes with added digestive enzymes which have been procured from natural sources like pineapple and papaya.
- Not only can it be consumed in the form of a protein shake, it can also be used to make protein rich recipes like pancakes, smoothies, can be added in your oatmeal. You can try new variations with this protein powder.
Bottomline: The quality of the Muscle blaze is great. Users have testified for this affordable Whey protein for its efficacy. Thus it smoothly makes way in our collection of ‘best and cheapest’ whey protein options in India.
Big Muscles is known for producing a range of protein powders including Whey protein. It is an Indian company that uses imported whey protein (from USA; Glanbia International) to produce reliable and affordable supplements.
Protein Metrics: 72% bioavailability
Serving profile: (serving size 33g)
- Protein 24g
- Carbs 6g
- Fat 1.5g
- Calories 132
- 24 grams of protein with each serving is a good amount for a person looking for muscle gains.
- Presence of BCAA (4g per serving) makes this protein powder even more fortified for development and maintenance of lean muscle mass.
- To endure workouts as well as get an effective recovery Glutamine (4g per serving ) has been added.
- Contains zero added sugar.
- As the name says ‘Crude’ Whey; it is devoid of any added artificial colour, flavour, preservatives to enhance taste and texture.
- It contains maltodextrin in small amounts (as mentioned on the ingredient list). This imparts a subtle sweet taste as well as helps to upgrade the shelf life and maintain thickness in the protein shake.
- It is free of soy, egg protein etc. It is plain whey protein with minimal additions.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- There are mixed reviews for this product.
- Although the cheapest option on our list yet not a substandard product.
- Since it is a flavourless, raw Whey it can be used in smoothies or as a simple protein drink. The taste is neither too bad nor great.
- If you have been looking for the cheapest raw Whey protein in India, you must consider Bigmuscles Crude Whey.
Bottomline: It is one of the bestselling protein powder on Amazon since its price really touches the lower end.
This is a flavoured option from the range of Whey proteins produced by MyfitFuel. They have manufactured supplements with a variety of flavours like rich chocolate delight, coffee caramel, swiss vanilla, etc.
My Fit Fuel’s line of Whey proteins are not only good in quality but they have priced the, fairly that they can’t be overlooked when finding a best and cheapest Whey protein in India.
Serving profile: (serving size 32.8g)
- 25.3 g protein (dry basis)
- 23.5 g protein (actual basis)
- 2.6 g fat
- 1.7 g carbohydrate
- 0 g sugar
- 45.9 mg sodium
- 133 calories per serving
The bio availability of protein as calculated on a dry basis in any flavoured whey concentrate for Myfitfuel is around 72%. Do not be confused with the number ’80’ in the name. ( this is true only for the unflavoured raw whey from Myfitfuel which has 80% bioavailability of protein)
- Crude whey protein concentrate with no additives. Contains 11.4 g of essential amino acids per serving.
- Maintains a standard ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine (2:1:1). The total amount of BCAAs per serving is 5.3 g.
- 3.9 g glutamine which is also satisfactory.
- It is flavoured with cocoa and sweetened with sucralose which is a zero calorie sweetener. It has no fillers or additions of substances that may harm you.
- No digestive enzymes.
- It has no sugar and no soy, no artificial sweeteners. So, a most of the people can use it. Pure vegans, thyroid patients, diabetics, etc can use it freely.
- The company claims transparency in providing authentic nutritional information and provide a copy of their lab report.
- Good in taste.
Bottomline: You can go for it if you want good taste along with a good bio availability.
Ultimate Nutrition is a renowned name among ‘Whey Protein’ brands and has been recognised around the world for its high quality and efficacious products. The company abides by cGMP compliance. You can trust this product and use it to your benefit at an affordable price.
It has an impressive 25 g of protein in every serving of 30 grams, that means around 83% protein per serving. It has very little sugar in it but users find enough taste in it.
Serving Profile: (serving size of 30 g)
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate (sugar) 1 g
- Fat 1 g
- Sodium 30 mg
- Cholesterol 20 mg
Protein Metrics: 83% bio availability.
- 25g of protein per serving contains essential as well as non essential amino acids.
- To provide you with good muscle-building results they have packed a considerable amount of BCAAs (Branched-chain amino acids) which are over 6 g per serving.
- The protein that you will ingest with ultimate nutrition prostar is a combination of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and peptides too.
- This supplement can be taken as a pre-workout as well as a post workout supplement since it will fuel your body with needed energy in a short while and also keep you full for some time.
- Sucralose and acesulfame potassium are the two sweeteners that have been added. Both of them qualify for being a zero calorie sweetener.
- There are a variety of flavours to choose from. However, if you like chocolates, the chocolate creme flavour would be best for you.
- An option that perfectly fits in the category of ‘cheap’ and ‘best’ Whey protein.
- Low in carbs and fat content.
- No issues with the miscibility of this product.
- It also contains some amount of Vitamin A, C, calcium and iron.
Bottomline: Ultimate Nutrition Prostar is a trusted Whey Protein supplement, with an established International’Brand Value’. The best part is that it is pocket friendly.
Asitis whey protein Isolate qualifies for being a quality product along with being economical. The company processes, quality checks it, packs and markets its products in India. They procure whey from U.S.A and also provide a ‘lab report’ of findings related to the purity of their supplement.
TIP: Anyone who wants unflavoured protein and is serious with their muscle building aim, should use the isolate form of protein since it contains way more protein percentage than the concentrate form. Also it alleviates the problem of lactose intolerance.
Serving profile ( serving size of 30 g)
- 27 g protein
- 0 g fat
- less than 1 g carbohydrate
- No sugar
- 5.9 g BCAAs
- 110 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: This whey protein isolate has an overwhelming bio availability of 90% protein per serving.
- 27 g of protein in a serving size of 30g ( 90% bioavailability of protein)
- 5.9 g BCAAS which are essential for muscle growth (an optimum amount)
- Sugar free.
- It has no fat and minimal amount of carbohydrate.
- High quality, clean and pure supplement. The lab report not only provides a copy of protein metrics but also testifies that traces of heavy metals present are within permissible limits of human ingestion.
- No hollow claims made. It is an FSSAI approved product and tested for purity. GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliant protein supplement.
- Additives free (no fillers, no amino spiking)
- Mixes very easily in water or any beverage of your choice.
- The quality standards of this protein supplement beat all others with respect to the price it demands.
- Can be used to make protein rich smoothies, homemade protein bars, pancakes and much more. This Whey isolate It can be added to any of your favourite recipes.
- Anyone who has a strict diet schedule, and watches his/her calorie intake can consume it without worrying much.
Bottomline: We recommend this for everyone who is looking for a cheap Whey protein isolate in India.
This is a high quality ‘whey isolate’ produced by ‘Ultimate Nutrition’. It has an exceptionally high bioavailability of protein and that is 93%. This is one of the BEST and Cheapest whey protein isolate available in India, with respect to its price and the quality that it provides.
Serving Profile: (serving size 33g)
- 30 g protein
- 0.46 g fat
- 1 g carbohydrate
- Sugar <1g
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- 130 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 93% bio availability.
- Essential as well as non essential Amino Acids are combined in the right proportion to give you the much-needed protein for muscle growth and recovery.
- It is important to note that the company claims the protein they provide is in an un denatured state. This means that your body receives protein in its active state. Processing of protein is done in a very low-temperature environment and then it is micro filtered to provide a very clean and effective protein supplement.
- Not only does it contain whey protein, but it also contains ‘Colostrum’ too. Recent researches have established its exceptional property of boosting the performance of athletes and also those who undergo HIIT. Colostrum primarily boosts the immune system. It is nutritious for the body since it contains macronutrients, vitamins as well as minerals. (HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training)
- No separate mention of BCAAs has been done. But when we examine the amino acid profile, we find that they have provided enough amount of Leucine. Leucine, isoleucine and valine which aid in muscle growth, are present in their standard ratio.
- It contains Glutamine complex. Glutamine is needed to stop muscle breakdown, in fact, start the recovery process. This complex has glutamine in its most stable yet readily absorbable form for faster recovery.
- Along with all the compounds that this supplement carries with it. It has D complex, which is a blend of digestive enzymes that are most needed for fast digestion and absorption of this supplement.
- Provides Un denatured/active form of Whey Isolate.
- The processing techniques used are such that no nutrition is lost.
- Not one, but a blend of digestive enzymes are provided.
- Minimal cholesterol and almost fat-free.
- Combines muscle growth, recovery, strength gains, slowed ageing and immunity-boosting benefits.
- Mixes very easily and tastes good.
Bottomline: Your search ends here if you have been looking for a good (flavoured) ‘whey isolate’ from a foreign brand. When compared with other Whey Protein Isolates (excluding raw whey isolate) in the market, this is relatively cheaper yet highest in protein percentage.
Muscle Tech Whey will help to increase muscle size and strength. It will ideally suit athletes and those who undergo intense workouts. Since it has added portions of creatine in it, it cannot be called a ‘pure’ Whey protein isolate.
Serving profile ( for every serving of 46 g)
- 30 g protein
- 2.5 g fat
- 4 g carbohydrate
- 2 g sugar
- 1 g (approx.) dietary fibre
- 80 mg of cholesterol
- 150 mg sodium
- 160 calories per serving
Protein Metrics: 65% bio availability. This is quite less when there are whey proteins available which provide up to 80% of protein with every serving.
- The protein component in Muscletech nitrotech is a blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate and whey peptides. It is in a fast digesting form. Our system rapidly absorbs whey isolate and peptides.
- It is important to note that the serving size of this product is quite high (in comparison to other supplements) about 46g. The serving size is large since they have added other essentials for muscle growth.
- Muscletech nitrotech contains 6.8g of BCAAs per serving, where leucine has a share of 3.3g. BCAAs are important for muscle building.
- Glutamic acid (needed for post-workout recovery) and its precursor have a share of 5g per serving.
- Every serving has 3g of added creatine. This helps in increasing muscle mass and strength.
- Muscletech nitrotech contains sucralose as well as acesulfame potassium as sweeteners. Both are zero calorie sweeteners.
- It does contain cholesterol, way more than other supplements available in the market.
- Good tasting supplement and it will boost performance too.
- It will help with gains in the lean muscle.
- Muscle tech Nitrotech also has added digestive enzymes.
Bottomline: Perfectly suited for individuals who indulge in long and strenuous workouts. It is a favourite for all those who need that extra boost for added performance. But, this is also not very high in price.
BSN or Bio-Engineered Supplements is a very renowned sports supplement brand in the U.S.A which was established in the year 2001. Since then, it has been known to provide its customers with high-quality supplements that helped produce desired results.
The BSN Syntha 6 Protein Matrix brings to its users a blend of 6 different and good quality proteins.
Serving Profile (Serving size: 47 g)
- Calories 200 g
- Fat 6 g
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sugar 2 g
Protein Metrics: The bioavailability is less than 50% (in every serving of 47g, 22g of protein is available)
- The protein found in this supplement is a blend of whey concentrate, whey isolate, casein, egg protein and soy. Whey concentrate is highest (w.r.t quantity) in the blend.
- Casein and egg protein are very good quality proteins. But the only drawback with both is that casein is a slow-digesting protein and egg protein digests even slower than casein.
- It also contains glutamine peptides that aid in muscle recovery.
- With the addition of healthy fats (MCTS: Medium Chain triglycerides) it is good for cardiac health. Apart from this it also contains fat from sunflower oil.
- In each serving of 47g, you get about 10 g of essential amino acids.
- Digestion will take some time. So, if used post workout you should not expect a speedy recovery of muscles as well as energy.
- It not only contains whey but other high-quality proteins like casein, egg protein and soy. All of them have a high biological value.
- This can be used as a ‘Meal Replacement’ shake.
- It mixes well with water and milk.
- 5g of fibre per serving will help to maintain your gut’s health and also keep you satiated.
Bottomline: BSN Syntha 6 Protein Matrix is one of its kinds in our list. It contains other good quality proteins along with WHEY. Also has healthy fats and fiber. If you’re looking for a protein blend this can be the BEST choice.
FINAL WORD – :Our list for providing you options for picking up the ‘Cheapest Whey Protein in India’ ends here. It is important to note that people with special illnesses, pregnant and lactating mothers as well, should take medical advice from their doctor before taking WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS.
BEST AND CHEAPEST WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT IN INDIA: How to successfully find one?
The effect of whey protein for helping in muscle recovery and synthesis has been established scientifically. Therefore, it has gained popularity among fitness enthusiasts and strength trainers ever since it was introduced. although, there are many types of Protein powders available today; WHEY Protein powder stands out among all.
Also read: Types of Protein powders and which is best??
Which is the best and cheapest Whey protein in India??? Is this the only question that you have been addressing?? You must know that there’s a lot more to it than you superficially think.
Quest for ‘Cheap n Best Whey protein in India‘
- For anyone having a budget constraint it is imperative to find a cheap yet good Whey protein.
- Hunting blindly for the cheapest Whey protein supplement is a big mistake that you are likely to make. If you do this you will pick some whey protein supplement based on its low price, and all other factors most importantly your personal needs won’t be fulfilled.
How should you assess Whey Protein Supplements?
Just looking for a cheap whey protein online won’t just solve the problem. Chances are you might pick some bogus product! So, it is important to know he parameters listed below to choose your BEST and CHEAPEST Whey protein.
Protein Content : Assessing the amount of protein that you will get, is the foremost factor. The amount of protein that the supplement will deliver per serving when divided by the serving size gives the bioavailability of protein in it. A good whey protein should ideally have a bio availability between 75 to over 80%. Calculate how much protein you will get per serving and then decide.
Quality : Many factors decide quality. Firstly, the process by which whey protein is isolated should be via micro filtration/ ultra filtration or ion exchange method that involves low temperature which will keep the supplement in an un denatured and active state. Secondly, customer reviews are important to know whether the protein powders was effective or not.
To avoid fake products and unnecessary high pricing by ordering Whey Protein Powders from Cloudtail India; which is the authorised seller for Amazon India.
Additives: Apart from Raw Whey protein, all supplements have additives, be it less or more in amount. These can be flavours, artificial (zero calorie) sugars, sometimes fillers and thickeners like corn syrup, vegetable oil etc. Always check that the additions should be in very small or limited amounts and harmful substances (eg: heavy metals) should not be present at all.
Too much of soy protein, or too much fibre or any addition that is high in its glycemic index should be avoided. Some, protein supplements contain amino acids like glycine and taurine which have nothing much to do with muscle development or health in general. They are only added to enhance the protein percentage in the supplement when a lab test is done. Try avoiding all UNNECESSARY ADDITIONS.
Nutritional Value: Along with having a having high amount of protein, it is good that it should contain BCAAs as well as Glutamine. Quantity of BCAAs should range between one-fifth or one-sixth part of each serving and not less than that. BCAAS (or Branched Chain Amino Acids) help with gain in muscle growth and strength whereas Glutamine helps to alleviate fatigue and enhance the recovery process.
Brand Reputation: While selecting the best whey protein, go in for a supplement that has a good reputation. If the brand reputation of a product is built and retained over several years it is likely t good in quality.
Your personal needs: Do not neglect any of your personal preferences. Our list for the ‘Cheapest Whey Protein in India’ has enough variety to let everyone find the best for themselves. You must consider:-
- the form of protein you want concentrate/ isolate, raw whey or a whey protein blend
- consider your allergies
- digestive issues if any or nay other medical condition which you might be dealing with
Budget: Your budget is an important parameter. Choose wisely, keeping in mind your expenditure on this supplement but do not fall prey to a cheap supplement that is low in quality.
Budget categorisation of Whey protein supplements!
The price of a WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT also depends upon the TYPE of the Whey Protein you choose. The Price variation is as follows: (Whey Hydrolysate being the most expensive)
WHEY HYDROLYSTAE > WHEY ISOLATE > WHEY CONCENTRATE (flavoured) > RAW WHEY
A protein blend may lie somewhere in the middle. (for price)
Even if you have little knowledge you might be knowing that there are three forms of whey protein (on the basis of their processing): Whey protein concentrate, Whey Isolate and Whey hydrolysate and the variety still continues. We can add two more in the list that is, Raw Whey and a Protein blend:
- Whey Protein Concentrate has 70 to 80% protein content and is the most used form.
- Whey Protein Isolate has a higher protein content reaching upto 80-90%. Lactose( carbohydrate found in milk) has been removed in this form and the fat content is also minimal.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate is almost in a pre digested form. It contains small chains of amino acids which can easily be absorbed in the body. This gets absorbed at an even faster rate than the other two forms. This is mostly suggested to be used by advanced body builders.
- Raw Whey is mostly concentrate form of whey protein or a mix of isolate and concentrate form but is unflavoured with no additions whatsoever, to keep it in its original form. Then there are ‘protein blends’ also.
- A protein blend does not only contain Whey protein but also has protein from many different sources added in together and additions like glutamic acid, creatine, high percentage of BCAAs, etc to make it a fortified supplement. But what happens here is that the percentage of ‘Whey protein gets compromised due to these additions.
Quick GUIDELINES to pick up the CHEAPEST Whey Protein in India that will be your personal BEST!
You can identify your needs according to the given guidelines to make the right choice:
- Do you want to buy Whey protein form an Indian brand or a foreign one that’s available in India??
- If you have bloating issues or are lactose intolerant, go in for Whey protein isolate form.
- If you need an additives free crude Whey (natural/raw form) supplement, go in for Raw Whey protein.
- Can you compromise on taste? If you can’t, find a good flavoured one as per your liking.
- Decide, whether you need the extra additions of digestive enzymes, vitamins, glutamine, creatine, etc. If Yes, choose the one that is a protein blend and has your needed nutrients in it.
- Choose the product from a reputed company and that which has been appraised by its users.
FINAL WORD: Hope, we could help you choose the Cheapest Whey Protein in India ( a option suited for your needs). 🙂