We will review for you, ‘Nutrabay Whey protein Concentrate’… Did I say it right? Oh, yes! 🙂
‘Nutrabay’ is a known name, among health supplement providers. It has served its customers for over 5 years and is known for saving its consumers from fake or counterfeit products. The main point here is what should we expect when it comes to a product of their own?
A whey protein supplement from Nutrabay is actually good news! Nutrabay Whey protein Concentrate is of course new in the market, but it is bound to be trustworthy and safe for your health. A health supplement provider that was established with the aim of safeguarding your health, by providing guaranteed genuine products will not ditch you when it comes to a product of their own.
But we, can not undermine the need to analyse their whey protein supplement carefully just as we analyze any other. This brings in the need for Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate Review.
When it comes to buying a protein supplement, the first question that comes to our mind is:
Amount of protein per serving?’
This supplement contains 23.4g of protein in a serving of 30g. The bioavailability of protein is 78%, which is good enough.
Are you still stuck with any ‘Whey protein myths’?
If at all you are doubtful about the safety and efficacy of whey protein supplementation, you must know that anyone who drinks milk, already has taken whey.
Whey is a part of milk and is isolated after pasteurisation by a process like microfiltration and ion exchange. This provides a dry powder known as whey which is fast absorbing and very high in protein content. You must know Why Whey stands out as the most effective Protein supplement among all other Protein powders.
Also read: 10 Best Whey Protein in India (Detailed buying guide)
Let’s continue with ‘Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate review”…..
As mentioned above, the quantity of protein in this supplement is enough to give your muscles a good boost! The label clearly mentions the diverse amount of amino acids present. Essential as well as non-essential amino acids and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) have been added in the standard amounts, meaning that their quantities are at par with the amounts found in any reputed whey protein.
A laboratory report provided by the company further testifies these facts.
The product contains whey protein concentrate which is imported from the U.S.A. The provider is Glanbia International which provides Whey to leading brands like ON, Iso pure etc. It can be believed that the quality of whey would be good; and this is also reflected in customer reviews. Nutrabay whey protein concentrate is processed further in India.
NOTE: It is a product from Radicura Pharmaceuticals in India. They manufacture nutritional supplements, on behalf of leading pharma companies like Ranbaxy, Panacea Biotech etc. And, off late NUTRABAY is their client. The product (whey protein) gets marketed in the name of ‘Nutrabay Whey Protein’.
Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate/ Isolate is an ISO compliant FSSAI verified product. ( ISO: International Organisation for standardisation, FSSAI: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
- Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Fat 2.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Dietary fiber 0 g
- Calories 123 cal
(serving size= 30g)
- You will get here raw whey, in an undenatured and pure state!
- BCAAS are 5.3g in each serving and it is a good amount. BCAAS are important for building muscles. They include leucine, isoleucine and valine. These 3 amino acids are present in this supplement in the standard ratio of 2:1:1.
- 3.9 g glutamine which is important for faster muscle recovery. In simple terms, they heal the wear and tear in muscle tissues which occurs as a result of daily physical activities like running, jogging, weight training, aerobics, or any other strenuous task.
- The amount of carbohydrate and fat with respect to protein is minimal.
- This is a ‘no-nonsense product’; meaning that it does not have any extras which are useless or in nay case detrimental to your health. It has no additives like artificial sweeteners or colours, thickeners and fillers.
- Nutrabay whey protein concentrate is not having soy, casein protein, or fibre. This will keep the digestion rate of the supplement good, since all these additions that have been mentioned slow down the absorption rate of whey protein and it won’t help you achieve a fast recovery post-workout. Apart from its biological value, Whey is preferred over other forms of protein like casein, or soy because of its fast absorption in the body.
Nutrabay whey protein concentrate mixes well with water and tastes like unsweetened milk powder (since it is unflavoured). It isn’t great in its taste but not detestable. If you can compromise a little with the taste factor or use this one to make shakes or flavour it yourself, you can go in for this one.
You can also use it in protein-rich recipes.
What’s great about this product?
(Summary of Nutrabay Whey Protein Concentrate Review)
- Among many other whey proteins, that are being sold in the market this one qualifies for being a pure and safe supplement as claimed by the company.
- Moreover, the price is really enticing and at par with other raw whey protein powders in the market. It will easily fit in the budget range of all, be it students, adults, men, women, etc.
Not really. However, you should keep in mind that everyone’s body responds differently to the same product that you start including in your diet. It is safe and will cause no issues to those who can digest milk easily.
It might cause bloating in some, since no digestive enzymes have been added. For those who have lactose intolerance may find difficulty in digesting it, it’s not for them. They should go in for ‘Nutrabay Whey Protein isolate’ form or even better if they use the whey hydrolysate version. (* isolate form of whey is always expensive than whey concentrate)
People with special illnesses should take medical advice from their doctor before taking it and this includes pregnant and lactating mothers as well. Since this product does not contain soy and any sweetener whatsoever it is safe for people with thyroid issues and also for diabetics.
Since the product is relatively new in the market, you might not find an overwhelming number of user reviews. Those who have used it have found it equally good as any other Indian brand and better of course with respect to price. Some found the outcome of this protein to be OK, but that really matters a lot with your diet and lifestyle.
Whey protein is most effective when you eat healthily and are physically active too.
Should I switch to Nutrabay Whey Protein concentrate?
That’s completely your personal choice, but as per our recommendation, you can do that. It is very economical and safe, however, it is unflavoured raw whey so, the taste will not tingle your senses. Anyone who can handle unsweetened milk-powder like taste can easily ingest this.
And, the option of adding it to your shakes, smoothies and flavouring it according to your choice with cocoa, or sweetening it with a natural sweetener like stevia is an open option for you! You can really try anything new with this supplement, and use it to your benefit of weight gain, or fat loss. AND for those, who do not have much time can take it with plain water.
Editor’s NOTE: You can buy this from Amazon. You would be pleased to know that Radicura Pharmaceuticals the official seller for this product on Amazon. So, no issues or apprehensions of getting a fake product! 🙂