NOTE: Oziva Protein and Herbs for Women review provided here, is detailed & aimed at answering the question: Is Oziva protein good?
Kudos to you, since you are considering to add more protein in your diet; a necessary step towards becoming strong and fit!
Awareness about general health, fitness, immunity and longevity is on the rise. It is necessary to be vigilant about nutrition and also make an effort to improve our food habits and overall lifestyle to lead a productive life.
But, it has been observed that Indian Women have lead a neglectful life in this perspective. Gradually, the trend is changing now. This makes me happy and reminds me of a product called Oziva Protein and Herbs for women, which has gained popularity in India.
Oziva Protein and herbs contains high quality ‘Whey Protein’, essential vitamins, minerals and a blend of herbs (exclusive to feminine health). It is identified for being a ‘one of its kinds’ Whey protein shake with Ayurvedic herbs.
OZIVA Protein Powder Review
Multiple benefits covered under a single Umbrella! This is what truly describes Oziva Protein for Women. It is a PROTEIN supplement, power packed with lots of vitamins, minerals and Ayurvedic herbs.
Oziva products are ISO certified and FSSAi approved. Same goes for its protein powder which is also produced with adherence of GMP compliances contains high quality & valuable ingredients. The formulation is exclusive. It will help to maintain good health by completing daily protein requirement, providing daily boost of 28 vitamins and minerals, also keeping feminine hormones in balance and maintain/regulate metabolism as well.
You must know that the protein source used in this supplement is high quality WHEY PROTEIN.
In every scoop (measuring 32g) you get 23g of protein.
Why WHEY Protein???
There are lots of evidences based on scientific researches which say that WHEY PROTEIN is one of the best protein supplement that you should be adding in your diet. It is sourced from milk and does not harm your body provided that you stay within the daily permissible limit (which is much more than a scoop of Whey Protein).
- All other proteins, be it egg protein, soy protein, casein, pea protein, hemp or quinoa cannot compete with WHEY.
- Whey Protein surpasses all available protein options in the protein quality ranking as per a conclusive research published by ncbi ( National Center for Biotechnology Information).
- Whey Protein is the fastest digesting protein amongst all. It gets assimilated in our body easily and helps with muscle maintenance.
Also Read: Oziva Plant protein review in our detailed write up on Best Plant based protein powders in India.
Let’s know about the ingredients that come together to make this very healthy protein shake form Oziva.
- The main component in this supplement is WHEY protein. Being a COMPLETE PROTEIN (having all essential Amino Acids) it will provide all benefits that are linked to consumption of Protein.
- Apart from protein; a standard ratio of BCAAs and Glutamic acid has been provided in the supplement. BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) help with muscle strength and Glutamic acid eases recovery after workout.
- 5.5g of BCAAs and around 3g of Glutamic acid is a good amount for such a supplement.
- Good quality Whey Protein is sourced from U.S.A. The company has specified that they use ‘Cold Pressed and ultra filtered Whey Protein Concentrate in the product. They have also added some amount of Whey Isolate which is obtained by Micro filtration process.
- Both the processes mentioned above are the standard methods which help to keep the ‘whey protein’ in a good and active state. (Must Know- high temperatures and acid treatments denature protein)
- A blend of herbs (shatavari, flaxseed, tulsi, curcumin) to keep the hormones balanced in women.
- Other Herbs (Guduchi, Green tea, Cinnamon) promote a good metabolism.
- Essential Vitamins and Minerals for healthy skin and hair. ( Importantly Biotin, zinc, Vitamin A, D, C and B vitamins have been added)
- Natural Digestive enzymes are added to ensure no digestive problem takes place. (Papain: obtained from Papaya ; Bromelain: obtained from Pine Apple).
- It is Soy free, Gluten free, and sugar free. No artificial sweetener has been added neither any preservative or low quality filler. This makes this supplement hypo allergic and safe for most of us.
- A natural sweetener Stevia has been used for enhancing the taste. The ‘Chocolate flavoured’ Oziva Protein n herbs has added cocoa for flavour.
“OZIVA PROTEIN AND HERBS for Women is a fortified health supplement as well as a great post workout drink.”
ROLEs of Herbal ingredients in Oziva Protein n Herbs supplement
Medicinally beneficial and powerful herbs have been added in this supplement. I do not say this of my own accord. The facts stated here are established by science and their benefits have been documented in research journals.
It is impossible to state all the roles (of herbs) in detail. You may go through the summarised facts and check the links provided in our References section for more details:
HERBAL BLEND (explained)
(1) SHATAVARI: It is a great ‘female tonic’ which is often used in Ayurvedic medicines. Look for this ingredient in your Ayurvedic ‘female tonic’ if you are using any and it is no surprise that you will find ‘shatavari’ in the ingredient list. 🙂
Shatavari (A. racemosus) has anti bacterial, anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties. It also helps to prevent anti ageing, improve life span, mental function and vigour.
(2) FLAXSEEDS: Also known as ‘Magical seeds’ owing to the immense number of benefits they offer. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and soluble fiber. Flaxseeds are anti viral, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory and stress reducing. They are also LOADED with anti oxidants.
Moreover, they have Phytoestrogens (plant based compounds that mimic oestrogen. Therefore, they are helpful for promoting Hormonal Balance in women.
(3) TULSI (Holy Basil) : Indian households already know the value of ‘Tulsi’. It has numerous advantages and only a few can be listed here, but your grandma may tell you many more. It is an anti microbial, anti inflammatory and an immunity boosting herb. Tulsi has healing properties. It is also normalises Blood Pressure and Blood Glucose levels.
(4) CURCUMIN (the active component of Haldi): We are familiar to ‘Haldi’ and its benefits. The ‘curcumin’ found in turmeric helps to reduce inflammatory conditions and oxidative stress in the body. It also combats muscle soreness, relieves arthritis and also reduces anxiety.
METABOLISM BLEND (explained)
(1) GUDUCHI: It is an important Ayurvedic drug. ‘Guduchi’ is a sanskrit word which means ‘protection form diseases’. It has anti viral, anti pyretic, anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties. Its use helps to promote longevity, good complexion, enhanced physical strength and a strong immune system.
(2) GREEN TEA: It is known to reduce the risk of many chronic diseases since it contains poly phenols and anti oxidants. Green tea is Anti carcinogenic. Also helps to lower blood pressure and protect against heart diseases. It helps with carbohydrate metabolism; has anti diabetic effects. It may help reduce weight too.
(3)CINNAMON: It is known as ‘daalchini’ in India and has better anti oxidant properties among all other commonly used spices/condiments. This is also anti inflammatory and anti microbial. It protects against cancer as well as heart diseases and also reduces lipid (fat) in the body.
How to use Oziva Protein and Herbs??
Oziva protein powder easily blends with water or milk. It has a variety of flavours in which it is being sold, out of which chocolate, cafe mocha and vanilla flavour are favourites of most users.
How to use Oziva Protein and Herbs? 1 scoop of Oziva protein is to be dissolved in 200 ml of water or milk (as per your choice). Blend it using a shaker or a mechanised blender and your Oziva protein shake is ready.
When should I take Oziva protein and herbs?
It is best to take this shake after your workout (preferably within 45 minutes of exercising) Or it can be taken at breakfast to start your day with a healthy drink. Also, it can be added anywhere in between meals to replace unhealthy snacks.
Who can use it?
It can be used by women falling in the range of 16 to 60 years of age. It has been developed after thorough research work done by expert nutritionists. The formulation is such that it would be beneficial for all (as claimed by the company).
Oziva protein shake calories:
One serving of Oziva protein and herbs is enough to make protein shake for a single person. It will contain approximately 124 calories (or 124 kcal). This energy will mainly come from protein. The total calories of your Oziva protein shake will increase provided you blend it with fruits to make a smoothie or make a protein rich milk shake out of it.
Oziva Protein and herbs BENEFITS!
Owing to its rich ingredient profile its benefits are many:
- It is primarily a protein supplement, so it will provide you with a good boost of protein and thus your muscle mass will be maintained (ie existing muscles will become healthy and toned). As well as if you are too skinny or have more of fat; your muscles will take the nutrition and start developing well.
- It has BCAAs and Glutamic acid. These Amino acids together really help in muscle building, maintenance and recovery for those who work out.
- The blend of vitamins are the same ones, that you find in any good multivitamin prescribed to you by a doctor. The benefits are really much more than those listed here.
- All these added vitamins (like vitamin C, B12, A, D and other B vitamins) have specific roles and deficiency of any one of them would lead to malfunctioning in the body. Together, they will promote a healthy immune system, healthy bones, skin and hair, proper vision, healthy blood vessels , proper functioning of heart and kidneys and a healthy reproductive system too!
- A great source of Omega 3 and fiber, ‘Flaxseed’ has also been added. Omega-3s help to lower cholesterol and hence prevent heart related diseases. They also help to lower lipid levels, promote good vision, bone and joint health, skin health, prevent inflammation, auto immune diseases and help to maintain an overall good metabolism.
- This supplement helps you gain a strong and well functioning ‘Reproductive System’ and as I write this I do know, it is a great concern for every woman. The ‘herbal blend’ has got some added herbs to help you deal with progressing age, stress and outcomes of a bad lifestyle.
- The ‘metabolism blend’ contains herbs that are known to positively impact metabolism while saving you from inflammations and risk of various diseases.
- Last but not the least! You pay for the product, but what you get in return is a Whey protein with added BCAAs and Glutamic acid, a Multivitamin supplement and a great Ayurvedic herbal supplement exclusively for feminine support ……. ALL IN ONE!
It will help with Weight loss OR Weight gain?
Is Oziva Protein and herbs good for weight loss?? is a commonly asked question.
Answer: Yes, it can be used it to loose weight but it would be more appropriate to say that it helps with healthy weight management. The results depend on diet and lifestyle too.
You will be happy to know that many women have lost weight using Oziva protein and herbs. This is because Protein consumption helps us feel full for a longer time. Along with keeping you satiated, Oziva protein for women has special ingredients like Curcumin, Cinnamon and Green tea which are always advised to be included in diet (to pace up metabolism) for fat loss.
So, it is being suggested for weight loss by many health and fitness advisors.
TIP: In order to effectively use Oziva Protein shake for weight loss, watch your Macro intake (carbs, fat and protein), drink plenty of water, try to be more physically active than what you are at present and yes, it will do wonders for you! 🙂
On the contrary, some women are too thin and need to put on weight so they have this question…… Can I use Oziva Protein powder for weight gain?
Gaining weight should never be done in an unhealthy way. It should be done by adding more muscle mass to your body(no extra fat). In this regard Oziva Protein powder can help you! It will definitely improve your muscle quality and help you reach a healthy weight if you are very skinny.
Let me clarify that, Oziva Protein contains ‘Whey’ so, it isn’t like mass gainers. But you can attain good health, strong muscles and thus a healthy weight with its use.
Food habits and exercise are very important in both cases. (healthy weight gain OR weight loss)
Oziva Protein AND Herbs SIDE EFFECTS!
Oziva protein and herbs review is incomplete if we don’t talk about its side effects.
In our communication with the concerned people at OZIVA (company), it was told to us that the product is completely safe to use with NO SIDE EFFECTS. The company claims that the product will be beneficial for one and all whosoever uses it (meaning women of varying age can use it).
But, it is important to inform our readers that some users have reported constipation as an outcome of its use. The reviews also gave us an idea that the taste isn’t very great! (the taste factor although depends upon which flavour you choose).
What we would recommend you is to use it as directed (one scoop in 250 ml water or milk). Do not use it beyond the recommended intake of one scoop and keep yourself hydrated well throughout the day. Include fiber rich foods in diet (fruits, vegetables, grains etc) for better bowel movement and nutrient absorption. In case of bloating, try using it in plain water rather than milk (some users reported flatulence).
Drinking plenty of water is necessary when you are using any protein powder or you are on a high protein diet.
NOTE: AVOID using this product in case of Lactose intolerance, since it contains Whey protein which is sourced from milk. It is better for lactose intolerant people to consume Plant protein.
Is there any alternative option that could be considered?
Usage of this product is your personal discretion. As an alternative to Oziva protein and herbs you can go in for a good quality Whey protein powder. It will provide the required amount of protein (minus herbs that have been aded in Oziva for women). You may check out our article for the best affordable Whey protein powders available in India.
Being a Woman, do I need to take a Protein Powder??
YES; (if you cannot meet the daily recommended amount of protein through diet).
In a fast paced, busy life, it sometimes becomes nearly impossible to keenly take care of your diet. So, here comes the need for incorporating Protein powders. 🙂
In an article published in the Women’s Health magazine, it has been clearly mentioned that ‘ Women benefit more from Protein Powder than Men’ (as said by a certified strength and conditioning specialist). It stresses upon the fact that women too need PROTEIN just as men do, but they are careless of incorporating it regularly in their meals.
You might have heard the age old adage……’Women’s bodies deteriorate faster than men’s bodies.’ Any teenage girl or a girl in her early twenties will not like to hear that. Most of us believe, it might be true for women in olden times since they never had plenty of nutritive food owing to poverty/scarcity OR may have become weak since they bore more children (LOLzzz). But, this deterioration won’t happen to me!
If your thoughts are such, you really need to educate yourself about it. It is true that the metabolism that gets slowed down very easily in women after mid twenties, and every passing decade makes it even worse.
A diet rich in protein does wonders for women! It saves them from :
- extra cravings and hence weight gain
- loss or weakness of muscles
- weakness of bones
- when coupled with exercise the metabolism gets a kick, keeping fat storage at bay
Important Takeaway: Whatever be your age (teenage, mid twenties, over 30 or even more) it is necessary to include daily exercise and a protein rich diet OR a good protein powder to meet your daily protein needs.
Should I start using Oziva Protein Powder?
Well, this depends on your needs. Including Protein in your diet is more essential than you might think. You can include this if you do not complete your daily requirement of protein through food. It will also be a great addition if you are a careless eater OR don’t have the time to focus on your nutritional intake.
The added advantage with this product is that you don’t need to take any more supplements like a multivitamin or care about general women specific health issues. It is a ‘complete and ‘fortified’ supplement.
Our suggestion would be to buy a 500 g packaging to give it a try and when you find its effect to be helpful, go in for more. Exercise well and inculcate a healthy sleeping habit.
Reviews from women who have used Oziva Protein powder reflect that personal experiences have been so far so good. An overwhelming number of women on Oziva’s official website, Amazon, Youtube and other e-commerce platforms have posted their positive feedback after using this product. Moreover, the company provides good customer support. They are quick at replying to queries and provide guidance regarding their product.
We have worked hard to put forward this THOROUGH Oziva Protein and herbs for Women review. Do, let us know if you found it to be helpful.